Thursday, August 19, 2010

80-10-10

So the idea of Eating for your Blood Type totally didn't STICK with me! I just couldn't imagine not eating cucumbers, honeydew, cantaloupe, AVOCADO!!!!! Oranges, alfalfa sprouts, spirulina... just to name a few. Sounds ridiculous, right! I understand that if cauliflower and mustard greens interfere with the thyroid, then I will stay away from them for now while I'm trying to correct my thyroid through the foods I eat... now THAT makes sense ;)

80-10-10 MAKES SENSE!!!!
From what I have been learning so far, this is the diet plan I have been waiting for!! I've already decided to go 100% Raw, but couldn't believe the information and studies behind the 80-10-10 plan... I am fired up!!!! I spent some time yesterday on youtube watching Freelee's videos and Durian's videos (creators of 30 Bananas a Day) and let me tell ya, they know their stuff! They are so knowledged about the 80-10-10 lifestyle and are living proof of the diet itself, the health benefits or it, the vibrancy of it and the everlasting supply of energy of it! It's exciting!!

Finding this approach is giving me much hope with weight loss, overall health, and possible thyroid improvement. I can't even express how excited I am!!

This morning I went grocery shopping, after doing my research and learning what I could yesterday (still have a lot to still learn), I have made the decision to go 80-10-10 100% starting today!! Why wait??? :) I feel ready in terms that I have juiced for a few days, went on a week and a half of straight green smoothies and have already been eating lots of fruits and veggies... so I say, LET'S DO THIS!!!!!

Barnes and Nobles didn't have The 80-10-10 book, by Dr. Douglas N. Graham this morning so soon enough I will get this book and read it. May just order it from Amazon today :) While I wait for the book, I will continue to search out forums on the topic, watch more vids and take notes. I'm so fired up!!

I will be posting today's food journal at the end of the evening!!

Cheers!!!

4 comments:

TheFitnessFreak said...

Sounds good to me! I can't wait to hear what you think!

Have you checked out Green Smoothie Girl's site? It has great recipes!

Nicole

Kristen's Raw said...

I did 811 for awhile. I lost weight, but then got bad(!) yeast infections so I stopped (and all the fruit was killing my teeth - even with rinsing and/or brushing after). And, I tired of not having the fats after awhile. BUT! I know there are people who love it(!), so I can't wait to see what you think. This might really be the diet for you!

You have to really watch your fat intake. The best way for me was tallying my cals all day long so I was sure to follow it correctly. I used one of those cal counters online. Get ready for a buttload of fruit!

If you have any questions about my experience, let me know. :)

Kristen's Raw said...

Oh.. and I did have lots of energy on some days. It made me almost jittery where I couldn't WAIT to work out!!! I think that's a GOOD thing! :)

G.I.F.T. said...

ha ha ha!!!!! I love it Kristen!! I'll definitely come to you for some tips and advice :)
I really need to work on adding calories to my meals though, I'm slacking on that... trick: SMOOTHIES!!!! :)
and yes, I watched a video on taking care of your teeth on the 80-10-10 plan... that's my one worry :/ so we'll see!

Thanks Nicole, I'll check out the site!!

HUGS!!!